Safety Harness

Seats, trim etc

Moderator: BradW

Re: Safety Harness

Postby Van on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Just received an update: We can Import them for probably alot cheaper. However they are not FIA certified BUT certified by some other governing body from the states I beleive... dont have the name on me right now, Could it be suficient or does it have to be specifically FIA? Far as I know FIA is global anyway?

Thanks guys
Ettienne

Building: Haynes Roadster -- 20V Silvertop -- T50
Van

Postby Phil Bradley on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:18 pm

I wouldn't bugger around with the harnesses, for R1,400 odd go for the ATS and avoid the hassle of importing. Worse case scenario, it arrives here and there's a manufacturing fault - what do you do them.
Cheers,
Phil
Phil Bradley

Postby Van on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:16 pm

I get your point phil however having that "hassle" is what avoids one reaching 3/4's of the build and going :shock: ... "I've spent R120,000 already!" We've gone through those hassles with every single part and in turn can buid a slightly cheaper car without compromise. So its worth it methinks. In NO way are we compromiseing on safety however, if we find that these belts are as good or better as what is required and we can get them for cheaper then we score, if not up to scratch by all means we'll go for ATS.

So here're the 2 links about the belts and certification:

http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.ne ... belts.html

http://www.sfifoundation.com/about.html

Can anyone make a comment on the "Legality" of these belts within The Lotus Challenge?

Thanks
Ettienne

Building: Haynes Roadster -- 20V Silvertop -- T50
Van

Postby muller on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:18 pm

I use pads to increase the comfort of the belts for long term use. For road use where you'll most be wearing thin clothes I definitely suggest you get a set.
Anton

Race car 1: Birkin IRS 4AGE 20v (TLR class B - B10)
Race car 2: Birkin IRS 4AGE 20v (TLR Class B for SO - B20)
Road car: erm.. who cares
muller

Postby Joose on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:08 am

Does anyone know a place I can take my harnesses to to get modified? The kit I bought came with AmPro harnesses, and they look very strong and good quality etc, but the top two straps are connected to an inertia-reel, and I want to get that changed to a fixed mount through two eye-bots or flat plates. I think the harnesses where meant for a saloon car and the inertia part is far too long and there is nowhere on the locost chassis to mount an inertia-system anyway, so I want to get them modified. Any idea of where I can get this done?

thanks,
Gary
Building: 4AGE 20v Locost SA
Road Car: a big, red, shouty thing with an MG badge on it..
Joose

Postby Garreth on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi Guys

I heard that one could get safety harnesses which are past their track expiration date but still fine for road use.

Is this the case and where would one go about finding these?

Cheers
Garreth
Completed 1.6L 20V ST
Designing Ariel Atom Clone
http://www.garrethslotus.tumblr.com
Garreth

Previous

Return to Interior