short race report from Midvaal

Dedicated to the discussion of racing Locosts and similar cars.

Moderator: BradW

short race report from Midvaal

Postby muller on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:36 pm

I don't have much to report on after the race weekend.

The day started well when I qualified on pole for class B, I got off to good start in heat 1 keeping the lead until about the 3rd lap when my feet got wet and the temp gauge started climbing so I pulled into the pits to find that the water reservoir cap had worked loose. Because the water on my feet was cold I did not suspect anything else amiss.

Second race I started at the back of class B and had a storming first lap and half to get up to 3rd in class before the alternator charging light came on shortly follow by wet feet again, only this time it was boiling hot water! Again I pulled over to watch from the sidelines. Post race inspection showed that my crank pulley had separated!

Highlight of the day however was being able to watch Lauren race (something I usually do not get the do) She qualified second in class B just ahead of Derek and managed to keep him at bay for a few laps in heat one before he snuck past. For the rest of the race she kept right up with him posting a slightly quicker fastest lap than him. In heat 2 she again pushed Derek hard going side by side through T1 at one point (and again posted a slightly quicker lap time) for a well deserved 2nd place in B.

There is a few more mods in the pipeline for her car so watch out everybody (me included!!!) at Zwartkops

Some race videos for Lauren
Race 1 part 1
Race 1 Part 2
Race 2 Part 1
Race 2 Part 2

Short video of my 2nd race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElSFJKB5hp4
Anton

Race car 1: Birkin IRS 4AGE 20v (TLR class B - B10)
Race car 2: Birkin IRS 4AGE 20v (TLR Class B for SO - B20)
Road car: erm.. who cares
muller

Return to Locost Racing