Who's who

The forum for useless and useful chat.

Moderator: BradW

Re: Who's who

Postby Sudhir on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:41 am

Andre,

I cannot seem to locate the OM button/option on this site.
Either that, or I am not allowed to as yet.

I am not in a position to slap on a set of semi-slicks yet, as much as I would like to.
On the current rubber what tyre pressure recommendations can you make.

I have the front end camber at -2 deg and the rears at at 0 deg right now.
To do any rear wheel camber adjustments requires some hardware changes/modifications.

S
Sudhir

Postby Gladwin on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:53 pm

At about 09H10 29 August 2011 I spotted a Yellow Locost with black trims driving around in my town POLOKWANE :) Unfortunately, I was driving in the opposite direction :o I so much wanted to have a chat with the guys, but did not see where they went. These guys really made my day :D It would have been nice to chat and maybe have some coffee and check their car while they check mine. I am sure that the owner of the car is in the forum. If you pass by POLOKWANE again, please give me a call. 082 373 5743 (Gladwin) :wink:
Gladwin

Postby Kwaaikie on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Name: Chris Gericke
Busy re-building 7 from the book. Like to know of other members in Cape Town area and comments on fitting 2l 16v Opel motor.
Kwaaikie

Postby Zex on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Name : Imtiaaz Vanker
Building a new birkin IRS with a honda K20
Zex

Postby Garreth on Tue May 01, 2012 11:22 am

Hi
Name: Garreth Robertson

I am building a Locost using the book as a guide. I have the chassis, panels, engine and gearbox.
The plans is to build a bit of a "sportier" design with alterations to the fiberglass shaping while still keeping the 7 replica design base.
I have the 1.6L 20V engine and might add a little turbo on there but that is looking abit far into the future.
Completed 1.6L 20V ST
Designing Ariel Atom Clone
http://www.garrethslotus.tumblr.com
Garreth

Postby alpipes on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 am

Hi All.

Name:Alex Da SIlva
Occupation:Fleet Manager For mining Conpany,(conveyor belt repair company)
Been building a 7 for the past 2 years.
Toyota 1.6 20v bt, toyota t50 splitcase gearbox.
22222.JPG
22222.JPG (34.98 KiB) Viewed 9574 times
alpipes

Postby wattywat on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi all!

Name: Bryce Watson
Area: Sandton, Johannesburg

I've been dreaming of owning a 7 for a few years now, and I finally have the money to get one.
Looking at buying a 7 that needs a bit of work on it, but hopefully I'll be on track soon enough! :D
wattywat

Postby chris on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi everybody, I recently joined and noticed a comment that "newies" need to introduce themselves. here goes: My name is Chris Schimper recently retired after 40 years at Nampak.i live in Sinoville in Pretoria. Been a petrol head for as long as I can remember. am currently building a 7 from Ron Champions book. enjoying getting all the part together, chassis finished except for paint. will fit a 2.0 litre Ford Zetec and Sapphire 5sp box. does anybody know where I can locate a set of complete throttle bodies for the Zetec motor or is it cheaper/easier to go with Webers. I plan to race it when finished. Will send photos of build progress.
regards to all,
Chris.
chris

Postby Gerrie Brits on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the group... I started building a Locost some time ago that will be powered by a 2.0 Zetec running on Toyota 4AGE 20V throttles and standard injectors. If you want general info on my set-up, go look in this forum under Running Gear, posted 26 Feb 2013. Besides the guys in the UK running Zetec's with great success, there are some local guys in Cape Town racing the 2.0 Zetec's with similar set-ups. Let me know if there is any specific information you are looking for, maybe I can help out...

Regards,
Gerrie
Gerrie Brits

Postby cptmayhem on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:03 pm

Right. 32 year old financial advisor trying to realise his dream of building a 7. History of owning (and rebuilding, several times) a proper Mini.

Looking at starting the build by the end of the year... Here's hoping!
cptmayhem

Postby Frank the Tank on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi everybody

Name: Roy Groenendyk
Area: Pretoria

Looking forward to building my own 7. Still deciding Birkin, Locost or other. Fairly certain I want to build a bike engine powered 7, hopefully a 'Busa or Fireblade version. Also looking forward to getting stuck in to the wealth of info on this forum.
Frank the Tank

Postby Skoota O on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:40 am

Hi All,

New to the site, and the 7 scene. Live up in JHB, Randburg side. Dreamed about building a 7 my whole life, but finally bought a Tiger Cat MkII 7 replica a few months back after realising I would never get time.

Its Sierra based (Type 9, 5-speed) with as far as I can tell a fairly standard Pinto 205 with GSXR bike carbs. It was well built and finished (I suspect a factory built car) but was very tired when I got it (engine particularly), so I've slowly been going over it with a fine tooth comb. New battery, fuel pump, starter, carb clean & tune, full engine service and timing adjustment (it was 4 teeth out!) has it now running beautifully. It sounds like the devil as well. Before all that I was considering opening it straight up and doing head and cams, but now not even sure its necessary.

Anyway, I believe there is a track day at Zwartkops this weekend, so thinking of pulling through. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Cheers,
Skoota
Skoota O

Postby Skoota O on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:31 am

@Forwardloop - Thanks for the PM, unfortunately I cant seem to reply (Can anyone assist here??). The answer to your question is yes. Great to have made contact, would love to learn more about the history of the car.

Cheers
Skoota O

Postby Spawn on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Eugene Smith
Paarl, Western Cape

Getting everything together for a Mc Sorley 442E book build. Opel Record 2,8 rear diff and brakes. Thinking of going CA18DET engine and gearbox route. That's a Nissan 1800 16v Turbo engine from Nissan 200sx for those that don't know.
Spawn

Postby Jvd on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:34 am

Hi All
Johan Van Dyk here moved back to JHB after a ten year stint in Cape town.
I bought half a chassis and some odds about 5 years ago and started my little project.
thanks to my work and relocating back, nothing much happend and the build came to an end. My chassis stood under a tree for the past two years....very sad.

So now I'm back with new energy to start again, I cleaned my garage and got my car back on the trestles.
BTW I would mind if someone can steer me into the right direction were I can find some body panels. (scuttle and wheel arches front and back..)
Jvd

Previous

Return to General Chat