spitronics trigger settings

Wiring, instruments, switchgear etc

Moderator: BradW

spitronics trigger settings

Postby SKIP4609 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:28 am

Hi there! Hope someone can help.
Just finished connecting my Spitronics ECU to my 4AGE 20V and tried to start it. :D
It starts, but does not idle and runs very rough. There is a error code on the ECU that states that I should check the Timing trigger settings. I followed the instructions in the manual for the 24tooth+tdc Toyota dizzy setup, but its a bit difficult to understand.

:?: Does anyone know what the standard timing setting (gear teath and timing sensor BTDC) in the ECU setup software should be for the 4AGE20V blacktop?

Hope someone can help
Jacques
Louis Trichardt

LOCOST - 4AGE blacktop
SKIP4609

Re: spitronics trigger settings

Postby rooster on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi,you can try changing the triger setting from leading edge to trailing edge or vice versa.If your rpm read out on your laptop is very eratic then that is normaly the problem,if the read out is stable then you need to change the setting on amount of teeth after tdc,to get this setting perfect you must use a timing light to ballance what the true timing is and what the ecu setting is,this is crucial to get right as all other timing settings are based on that in future mapping.Hope this helps,otherwhise give the head office a call,their backup is very good
rooster

Re: spitronics trigger settings

Postby SKIP4609 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Have not tried the leading/trailing edge settings yet, timing light only fires intermitently, so very difficult to spot timing marks, thats the reason why I was looking for someone elses settings as a baseline for my setup. Going to PTA later next week, might just stop by at the headoffice if I dont come wright.

Thanks
Jacques
Louis Trichardt

LOCOST - 4AGE blacktop
SKIP4609

Return to Electrics