5 speed up grde

Engines, Gearboxes, axles and anything in between

Moderator: BradW

Re: 5 speed up grde

Postby ross on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:50 am

Hi Brandon,
I'd go with any decent manual transmission oil, I use Castrol manual EP 80W 90 GL-4 in my T50 box.
Locost chassis with Toyota 20 valve blacktop and T50 box.
ross

Postby BradW on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:03 am

bad ass bob wrote:hey Ross what oil should I run in this box of mine, iys not the uprated one

Hi

Castrol BOT130 is the best gearbox oil for a Ford gearbox.

Cheers
Brad
BradW
Site Admin

Postby bad ass bob on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:37 pm

well the effort was well worth it, taking a seized gear box from (0) to working was quite an effort, thanks to all who helped and advised, couldn't have done it with out you, im looking at an extended linkage ???? or moving into a more forward driving position, I extended my gear leaver, but that's really shit, as its quite floppy,
bad ass bob

Postby BradW on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:37 am

bad ass bob wrote:well the effort was well worth it, taking a seized gear box from (0) to working was quite an effort, thanks to all who helped and advised, couldn't have done it with out you, im looking at an extended linkage ???? or moving into a more forward driving position, I extended my gear leaver, but that's really shit, as its quite floppy,

Check the plastic 'saddle' type thing that fits over the selector shaft where the gear lever fork fits, this is often worn and sometime even missing, this can cause sloppiness in the lever. You can still get these from Ford dealers, let me know if you are struggling I think I have a few.

For the extension you need
GearExt.jpg
GearExt.jpg (5.25 KiB) Viewed 8424 times

Simple bolt on attachment, moves the gear lever position back by about 135mm , uses existing gear lever, retains Reverse 'detent', complete with fittings. Can be used in conjunction with quick shift kit.
R 975 Inc VAT

And to really make things right you need a replacement gear lever, this uses a spherical bearing rather than the original Ford plastic 'Ball', it also makes it a quick shift as well, well worth the cost
FordLever5.jpg
FordLever5.jpg (20.5 KiB) Viewed 8424 times

Complete replacement gear lever for Ford 4 and 5 speed gear boxes where the gear lever is held in by three bolts.
Quality item, machined billet housing, spherical joint with spring reverse mechanism, avoids the problems of the plastic ball and cup in standard levers.
Pivot point is raised to provide a 'Quick Shift' to provide shorter throw and sharper action.
Direct bolt on replacement.

R795 inc VAT

I have both in stock, drop me a mail if you are interested

Cheers
Brad
brad@ridge.co.za
BradW
Site Admin

Postby bad ass bob on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:57 pm

cheers Brad , appreciated
bad ass bob